Welcome to Prattville Kindergarten School!! My name is Ashley Myrick. This is my tenth year teaching in Autauga County. I am very excited to be teaching at Prattville Kindergarten with amazing group of children! I am from Prattville and have lived here all my life. I am married to Thomas Myrick and we are expecting our first child (Scarlett) in January. I attended college at The University of Alabama. I am proud to say that I graduated Summa Cum Laude from The University of Alabama in 2011 with a bachelor degree in Elementary Education. ROLL TIDE :)
First Grade- Autaugaville Elementary 2011-2012
Kindergarten - Prattville Kindergarten 2012- currently
Autauga County 2020-2021 Schedule
Friend of the Week
The friend of the week program focuses on the uniqueness of each child and reinforces positive feelings of self-worth. Each student will be assigned a week. Below are the listed some special activities your child will be involved in through the week.
- Bring in a poster all about yourself! The poster can include pictures of your family, pets, and your favorite color, food, games, TV shows, etc.
- Also please bring in items for the guessing jar (I have the jar, I will send it home the Friday before your child’s week). Items can be individually wrapped
- Let your child answer questions on the " All About Me" page (fill out and return).
Tuesday- Invite special guests to have lunch with us. This could include grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, etc. Lunch time is 10:46- 11:12.
Wednesday: Bring in your favorite snack to share with the class. We have 20 students. (Example: capri-suns with Fruit roll-ups, individual bags of chips, etc).
Thursday- Bring your favorite book to share with the class.
Friday: - Bring in your favorite board game, toy or stuffed animal.
Homework folders will go home each Monday with a special activity that you and your child can work on throughout the week. On Friday, children that return homework signed by a parent will receive a special "homework treat". Most weeks, a reader book will come home on Tuesday in addition to the regular homework. Please check the homework folder for this additional activity. Thanks for all that you do!
Prattville Kindergarten Supply List...
- One ½ inch - w/ clear vinyl/plastic hardcover 3-ring binder
- One 6 count pack of glue sticks
- Four boxes of Crayola Crayons (24 ct.)
- Two zippered pencil pouches with holes that may be inserted in three ring binder (canvas with clear pocket
- Two 3-prong pocket folders (any color)
- One pack of dry-erase markers
- One pack of Crayola Washable markers
- Two reams of white copier paper
- Two rolls of paper towels
- Two boxes of Kleenex
- One 12-ct. pack of sharpened #2 pencils (presharpened)
- One large container of disinfectant wipes (Clorox, Lysol, etc.)
- One bottle of anti-bacterial liquid soap
- Baby wipe refills
- One bottle of hand sanitizer
****OTHER PKS SUPPLIES... In addition to our school supply list, Prattville Kindergarten also requests
supplies that are unique to our school. These can be purchased at the school.
- Journals/Handwriting Paper/Library Bag/Technology $22
- School T-Shirt $10
- Canvas Tote Bag $10 (Due to limited space, we do not allow backpacks.)
Classroom Wish List....
- Skittles or M& M's (for kids
- treasure box prizes
- extra baby wipes
- extra clorox wipes
- washable paint (Turtle Shell - any color)
- white cardstock
- color copy paper
- ziploc bags (sandwich, quart, & gallon sizes)
- paper plates (small & large)
- clear packing tape