Hi! My name is Jennifer Griffiths and I am so excited to be part of the Prattville Kindergarten Family! Most importantly I am THRILLED to be your child's teacher! It’s going to be a fun year full of lots of learning and new adventures and I can’t wait to see what the year has in store for us. I want to know ALL about you, but first I’m going to tell you’re a few things about me.
I was born in Dayton, OH and was raised around the world thanks to my dad’s career in the United States Air Force. I am the oldest of THREE! I have a younger sister, Kristyn, and a younger brother, Tyler. I LOVE them! When I graduated from High School, I moved to Pensacola to attend the University of West Florida. GO ARGOS! I majored in Elementary Education and couldn’t wait to graduate to start teaching.
This is my 11th year teaching. This will be my 4th year here at PKS. I have previously taught 1st grade for 7 years both in Alabama and Florida.
I am married to a wonderful man, Mr. Griffiths, who works at a bank in Montgomery. Mr. Griffiths and I have two children. I have a son, Will, who is 7 years old. He is currently attending 2nd Grade at Prattville Primary!! I also have a daughter, Kensington, who is 4, who is starting Pre-K at the YMCA. We have two dogs! We have three adorable Shih Tzu’s - Lilee and LeBron.
I am so excited to welcome you on our adventure in room 31. This is going to be a GREAT year!
Some of my favorites:
Drink: Diet Coke
Snack: Sea Salt Popcorn
Restaurant: Chicken Salad Chick
School Supplies: Flair PENS!
Thing to do: hang out at the pool with my family
7:45-8:15 Morning Work/ Writing/ Character Ed.
8:15-8:50 Reading/Language Arts (Large Group)
8:50- 10:10 Reading/Literacy Centers/RTI (Small Groups)
10:10- 10:50 PE
10:55- 11:30 Reading/Literacy Centers/ RTI/ Writing (small groups)
11:46- 12:11 Lunch
12:11- 1:10 Math Activities/ Math Centers
1:10- 1:30 Social Science/Health
1:50-2:30 Social Sciences/Health
2:30- 3:05 Pack Up/Dismissal
Every Tuesday: Library (12:20-1:00)
Every Thursday: Music (12:20-1:00)
** Counseling once a month**
Prattville Kindergarten Supply List...
- One ½ inch - w/ clear vinyl/plastic hardcover 3-ring binder
- One pair of "Fiskars" brand children's safety scissors
- One 4oz. bottles of Elmer's White School Glue
- One 6 count pack of glue sticks
- Four boxes of Crayola Crayons (24 ct.)
- Two zippered pencil pouches with holes that may be inserted in three ring binder (canvas with clear pocket window)
- One 3-prong pocket folders (any color)
- One pack of dry-erase markers
- One pack of Crayola Washable markers
- One (black and white) composition notebook
- Two reams of white copier paper
- Two rolls of paper towels
- Two boxes of Kleenex
- Two packages of baby wipes
- One package of Clorox wipes
- One 12-ct. pack of sharpened #2 pencils (presharpened)
- One bottle of anti-bacterial liquid soap
- One bottle of hand sanitizer
****OTHER PKS SUPPLIES... In addition to our school supply list, Prattville Kindergarten also requests
supplies that are unique to our school. These can be purchased at the school.
- Journals/Handwriting Paper/Library Bag/Technology $20
- School T-Shirt $10
- Canvas Tote Bag $10 (Due to limited space, we do not allow backpacks.)
Classroom Wish List please see forms tab. Thank you!! <3