NAME : Mrs. Lowe
SCHOOL: Prattville Kindergarten
SCHOOL PHONE: (334) 361-3890
About The Teacher
I grew up in a family of Educators, so naturally I wanted to be a teacher.
I've been teaching for 17 years and have enjoyed it immensely. I received my
Bachelor's Degree at Alabama State University, my Master's Degree at Troy
State Montgomery, and my Educational Specialist Degree at the University of West Alabama. I have a wonderful husband, a beautiful daughter, and an energetic son. I am
so excited about this coming year. I hope that we can work together to make
sure your child has an exciting experience in Kindergarten.
Each day I will do my best
And I won't do any less.
My work will always please me,
And I wont accept a mess.
I'll color very carefully.
My writing will be neat.
And I will not be happy,
Till my work is complete.
I won't forget my promise,
To do my very best.
Kindergarten Readiness Skills
· Ability to sit and listen for a short period of time, and wait for a turn.
· An interest in books: being read to, talking about the pictures and characters,
and retelling the story.
· Experience in playing and sharing with other children.
· Experience using scissors to cut paper and crayons and pencils to write, draw and trace.
· An interest in counting objects like toys or rocks, noticing patterns (red sock, blue
sock, red sock, blue sock), and sorting objects by size shape or color.
· A broad vocabulary built through positive, meaningful conversations and experiences.
· Ability to recognize letters of the alphabet, especially the letters in their name.
Practice in writing name.
· Independently takes care of personal needs such as toileting, washing hands,
zipping, and buttoning.
· Ability to respect other’s personal space and keep their body to themselves.
· Enjoys playing pretending or imaginary games such as playing store or playing house.
· Experience running, hopping, kicking or catching a ball.
Treasure Box Rewards (small toys, stickers, books, pencils,